Have you tried making nice cream yet? If not, you should! Nice cream is a good-for-you indulgence and we’re about to tell you why. Keep reading to learn more about nice cream, why you should make it, and all about the amazing recipe we’re sharing with you today.
First, let’s talk about nice cream. What is it, exactly? Nice cream is a plant-based, vegan, dairy-free alternative to ice cream -- typically free of artificial flavors, colors and preservatives. It looks and scoops like ice cream, is delicious just like ice cream, but is better for the environment and your body! You really can’t go wrong with a delicious homemade creation like this Açaí Banana Nice Cream Recipe by Carly of Fit Living Eats.
A classic, popular ingredient for nice cream is banana. Bananas are creamy in texture and have a naturally light and sweet flavor, making them the perfect base for nice cream. But, we’re spicing up our nice cream game a bit...with some Açaí, of course! Açaí is antioxidant rich, packed with healthy omegas 3, 6 and 9 and absolutely delicious! It’s the perfect pop of flavor in this Açaí Banana Nice Cream Recipe and it’s so easy to add by using our Sambazon Açaí Pure Unsweetened Superfruit Packs. Now all you need is some full-fat coconut milk, vanilla extract, and cashews to complete your list of nice cream ingredients. Full recipe and instructions below!
Açaí Banana Nice Cream Recipe
Prep Time: 4 Hours | Cook Time: 30 Minutes | Freeze Time: 4 Hours | Ready In: 8.5 Hours | Yield: 4 Servings
2 Bananas, frozen and broken into pieces
3 Sambazon Açaí Pure Unsweetened Superfruit Packs
½ Cup Full-Fat Coconut Milk
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
½ Cup Cashews, soaked for 4 hours, rinsed and drained
1. Soak the cashews for 4 hours.
2. Thaw the banana and Pure Unsweetened Superfruit Packs slightly before blending.
3. Add the bananas, Pure Unsweetened Superfruit Packs, coconut milk, vanilla extract and soaked cashews to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, resembling the consistency of frozen yogurt.
4. Transfer to a loaf pan and freeze for 4 hours to allow the ice cream to harden.
5. When ready to serve, scoop the ice cream into a small bowl and top with toppings of choice!
Easy, healthy and delicious -- what more could you ask for? Try out this Açaí Banana Nice Cream Recipe and let us know what you think in the comments below! And, don’t forget to tag @sambazon and @fitlivingeats if you share on social media. Enjoy!